Geolocalisation

Etampes Aerodrome is located in the parish of Guillerval, in the Essonne administrative departement. It is only 7 km south-west of Etampes and 55 km south-west of Paris.

History

Etampes Aerodrome was created in March 1910 with the arrival of the Farman school. Louis Blériot moved to the site in June 1910.

In 1914, a military academy was established; it would become the First World War's most active military aviation school.

The aerodrome was opened to public air traffic in 1964 and was purchased by Paris Aéroport in 1988.

Activities

Etampes Aerodrome is used by light aircraft and for leisure and tourism activities.

The French air force makes use of a part of the aerodrome. 

Surface area

The aerodrome's total footprint is 112 hectares.

Schedules

Time at which the site is open to traffic: from sunrise minus 30 minutes to sunset plus 30 minutes.

  • Photo 4

  • Photo 6 prise par LBG

  • Photo 5 prise par LBG

  • 15

    Runways

    Number of runways: 2

    Runway 1: 700 m x 22 m
    Directions: 06/24
    Landing aid: day marking
    Type of surface: asphalt

    Runway 2: 1,250 m x 50 m
    Directions: 06/24
    Landing aid: day marking
    Type of surface: grass

    Facilities

    • 1 control tower
    • 11 hangars
    • 2 companies
    • 1 approved aircraft maintenance workshop 
    • 1 catering building 
    • 1 car park with 4,000 spaces

    Geographical coordinates

    • ICAO CODE: LFOX
    • Latitude : 48° 22' 51'' N  
    • Longitude : 2° 04' 49'' E
    • Altitude : 151 m
    • Catégory D : class D1

    Presentation of Paris-Le Bourget