In 2016, the Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly airports handled a total of 2.24m tonnes of cargo, of which 2,14m for Paris-Charles de Gaulle. In 2016 these figures ranked Paris-Charles de Gaulle the no. 1 in Europe and the ninth worldwide. (ACI preliminary ranking 2016).
• 1,500 direct and indirect jobs are generated by 100,000 tonnes of cargo. (Recruiting mainly occurs directly in the immediately surrounding "departements").
• 3,6m tonnes: annual cargo handling capacity for Paris-Charles de Gaulle
• €100,000: the average value of a tonne of air-cargo
• 30%: the value-based percentage of air cargo in French exports
• Around 90% of the national cargo is handled on Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly airports