Increasing connections with China
Fuzhou, Shenzen, Chongqing : notre Groupe poursuit son développement sur le marché chinois, avec désormais 12 destinations desservies. Une stratégie qui s’appuie sur l’adaptation de nos services aux besoins de nos clients chinois.
New routes to China from the Paris airports
With a total of 2.5 million passengers in 2017 (departures and arrivals combined), China is the Asian country with the highest traffic levels in and out of our Paris airports, thus confirming the French city’s position as the most popular European destination among Chinese tourists and the European capital that offers the best connections with China. To further cement this position, we are constantly working on the development of new routes and services tailored to our Chinese clientele.
Paris Aéroport now has relationships with nine airlines operating flights between Paris and China, including Air France, XL, and seven Chinese airlines: Hainan Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Air China, Eva Air, and Cathay Pacific.
Passengers can now fly to twelve destinations from Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly: Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Fuzhou, Chengdu, Jinan, Kunming, Wuhan, Xi'an, and Chonqqing.
Traffic between Paris and China is growing steadily. Furthermore, according to International Air Transport Association (IATA) forecasts, we can expect to see 921 million new Chinese passengers by 2035.
Paris-Charles de Gaulle, a popular airport for Chinese customers
CDG was the first European airport to be awarded Welcome Chinese certification and Paris Aéroport is pleased to honour its Chinese clientele by offering the following specially adapted services:
- 800 signs in the busiest terminals now displaying Chinese characters
- welcome and information messages in Mandarin and Cantonese
- staff in shops, bars and restaurants trained in multicultural hospitality: of the 4,700 retail employees, almost 200 sales consultants speak Mandarin
- partnerships with prominent Chinese tourism website QYER and the Comité régional du tourisme Paris Ile-de-France (Paris tourist information website)
- the option to make payments using mobile apps Alipay and WeChat pay
- a presence on Chinese social networks Weibo and WeChat, where followers can keep up to date with our news.
Extending a welcome tailored to our Chinese passengers is a key issue for us, enabling us to fully and actively contribute to the development and attractiveness of not only the Paris region, but France as a whole, as the main air gateway to the country. This important work also represents our direct contribution to achieving the strategic targets set by the Government of welcoming 20 million tourists per year into France by 2020.