The airports of Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly handled in 2017 a total of 2.29M tonnes of cargo, including 2.19M for Paris-Charles de Gaulle. In 2016 these figures ranked Paris-Charles de Gaulle the no. 1 in Europe and the ninth worldwide. (ACI ranking 2016).
• Around 90% of the national cargo is handled on Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly airports
• 3,6M tonnes: annual cargo handling capacity for Paris-Charles de Gaulle
• 1,500 direct and indirect jobs are generated by 100,000 tonnes of cargo. (Recruiting mainly occurs directly in the immediately surrounding "departements").
• 300,000 tonnes: annual cargo handling capacity for Paris-Orly
• 100,000 tons of freight generate 1,500 direct and indirect jobs (majority of the recruits directly in the neighboring departments).
• €100,000: the average value of a tonne of air-cargo
• 30%: the value-based percentage of air cargo in French exports